Womens Weekly Cookbook – Simply Salads
Chickpea and lentil salad
- 3/4 cup (105g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 415 g canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 410 g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 250 g silver beet, trimmed, finely shredded
- To make a dressing, blend or process ¼ cup of the sun-dried tomatoes, oil and juice until finely chopped.
- Place lentils, chickpeas, silver beet, half the dressing and remaining sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine, season to taste.
- Serve salad topped with remaining dressing.
- 2 cup brown or green lentils
- 5 teaspoons salt, more as needed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups long-grain rice
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaf
- curry leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7 cups stock