- 2 medium eggplants (about 2 pounds or 900 grams)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini, see our homemade tahini recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
Womens Weekly Cookbook – Simply Salads
Chickpea and lentil salad
- 3/4 cup (105g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 415 g canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 410 g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 250 g silver beet, trimmed, finely shredded
- To make a dressing, blend or process ¼ cup of the sun-dried tomatoes, oil and juice until finely chopped.
- Place lentils, chickpeas, silver beet, half the dressing and remaining sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine, season to taste.
- Serve salad topped with remaining dressing.