- 4-6 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 medium red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Small splash of white wine vinegar
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches asparagus stalks
- 350 gm haloumi
- yellow or red capsicum sliced up
- To serve: mint and lemon wedges
Grill everything with salt and pepper. makes 8 servings (skewers) 2 points each.
Womens Weekly Cookbook – Simply Salads
Chickpea and lentil salad
- 3/4 cup (105g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 415 g canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 410 g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 250 g silver beet, trimmed, finely shredded
- To make a dressing, blend or process ¼ cup of the sun-dried tomatoes, oil and juice until finely chopped.
- Place lentils, chickpeas, silver beet, half the dressing and remaining sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine, season to taste.
- Serve salad topped with remaining dressing.